Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Monday, February 26, 2007
- DH, who loves me, protects me, provides for me, enables me to stay home with our children, and encourages me to be better each day!
- K, who is so thoughtful and always looking for ways to make my life easier.
- C, who is crazy and funny and can always make me laugh.
- Little Dan, who loves me as if I am his entire universe.
- Gospel of Jesus Christ
- A living prophet
- Wonderful parents and siblings
- A house in the suburbs
- Being a stay-at-home Mommy!
- A dog that drives me crazy, even though she is the best dog ever!
- Friends (especially ones that take you to brunch on your birthday!
- Cute green purse that I think is adorable
- Living the American Dream~owning a successful business!
- Earrings and bracelets
- Babies that sleep occasionally!
- Sunshine (with sunglasses so I don't get a headache!)
- An awesome ward
- Running water
- Air Conditioning
- Cell phones
- Kids that are more excited than you about your birthday and whisper secretively as if you could never guess what they are doing!
- A winning Utah Jazz team
- An Education
- A garden
- French Manicures
- The United States of America
- A healthy body
- My light blue eyes
Last night as DH and I thought about where we had been in the last ten years, I thought of how much has happened since then. Here are the major milestones since 20:
- May 1997: Married DH
- August 1997: Began first teaching job in Utah
- July 1998: Moved to Portland, OR.
- August 1998: Began teaching in Oregon
- June 1999: K was born
- July 2001: C was born
- December 2001: DH graduates-changes name to Dr. DH.
- December 2001: Moved to Texas
- May 2003: Bought first house
- September 2005: Opened our own business
- September 2006: Little Dan was born
I feel so blessed to be living (for the most part) the life I dreamed of having since I was a little girl. The only thing I never predicted was that we'd be living in Texas (but, in general, we love it!)
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Oh BTW...I have no idea what happened to my comments link for the last few posts. I must have changed my settings accidentally. Sorry!
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Beef and Spinach Pitas (from Saving Dinner by Leanne Ely)
1 pound extra lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 bag spinach
1/2 t thyme
salt and pepper to taste
6 whole-wheat pitas
1 tomato chopped
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
Cook beef and onion until browned. Drain. Add garlic, mushrooms, spinach, and thyme and cook for about 3 minutes until the spinach wilts. Salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon beef mixture into pitas and top with tomato and sour cream.
It was soooo yummy. DH and I loved it. K was okay with it and C (picky boy) hated it, of course!
- C came home from school sick with a head cold/minor flu.
- K had the stomach flu for three days (with 20 hours in between episodes of throwing up! How odd!) Maybe it was poisoned peanut butter (we did have the "bad" coded one...but we'd been using it for a couple of months so I don't really think it was that)
- Little Dan has a little of both plus is teething and NOT sleeping. I figure that I have been averaging 4-5 hours a night of very interrupted sleep for the last week!
- Performed a second-grade science experiment
- First one failed...scrambled to find a new one (Thank goodness for the Internet!)
- Performed second second-grade science experiment...success!
- Went visiting teaching...hurray!
- Lived life....normal stuff like feeding Little Dan, driving to the bank, feeding Little Dan, going grocery shopping, feeding Little Dan, cooking dinners, feeding Little Dan, paying bills, feeding Little Dan, doing laundry....etc.
I will post this picture from Monday. It was our hour-long 20-minute walk. By the time K got her bike and we pumped air in her tires, C got his binoculars to solve some neighborhood mystery, Little Dan got situated in his stroller, the dog needed a leash... we walked a nice long walk as the kids got to pick the route...then C's feet hurt since he was wearing sandals again for the first time in a while, so I piggy-backed him, held the dog's leash, and pushed the stroller. It was a sight and what I allotted 20-30 minutes for lasted more than an hour.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
K prays for a sister almost every night. I hope her prayers come true, although I also have faith that God knows what he is doing and our family will be exactly as it should!
I have also been blessed with my sisters-in-law and my "sisters" at Church! Aren't sisters awesome!?!
I would post a picture of me with my sister, but my batteries in my camera are dead...too many pictures of the Kindergarten play last night!
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Friday, February 9, 2007
"The pain now is part of the happiness then."
This is my favorite. It is so true. So much of what causes us heartache and pain stems from something that brought us such happiness, a hard break-up, a friend moving away, the death of a loved one, etc. If we had never had that joy than the pain would not be real. Is it worth it? Almost always the answer is "Yes."
Just thought I'd share.
Thursday, February 8, 2007
1. I love math. I love accounting. I even love doing taxes. If it involves math I love it.
2. I have no idea what I am doing with this blogging thing, but I like it (think Jessica Simpson commercial)
3. I wish I had time/money to get a French manicure twice a week.
4. If I am stressed, I eat chocolate. It is my drug of choice and I am desperately trying to break the habit!
5. I would have three more kids if DH would want to.
6. I've never been east of Little Rock Arkansas.
7. I grew up in Colorado, but I have never been skiing.
8. I think that Nutella is heaven on earth.
9. I am the worst visiting teacher in the world.
10. If I could invent anything it would be an "Easy" button for my bathroom! I hate cleaning bathrooms.
11. I love vacuuming.
12. I am obsessed with watching the Utah Jazz with DH. Our moods depend on them winning!
13. I am on a countdown--the big 3-0 this month and I am living the life I've always wanted, stress and all.
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
- to have patience with my kids and be more effective in spending time with them.
- to be happy and positive with DH when he comes home.
- to want to exercise every day
- work really hard on building my food storage
One last random thought. It snowed again last week. I caught K's expression of wonderment as she walked home from the bus stop in it (she hasn't had much opportunity to walk around in snow). I love this picture!