Friday, February 8, 2008

The Best I Can Be

Last night, I realized that while I am nowhere near where I want to be, I am working; I am moving forward in many aspects of my life: organization, financial, spiritual, kids, health, etc. I am really trying to be the best me that I can be. I realized that by working towards all my goals...I AM being the best me! Although I've heard this many times, it was very comforting to realize that all that is expected of me is to be improving and working. Thank goodness for a loving Heavenly Father that knows our thoughts and the intents of our hearts and knows if we are stagnating or striving to improve.

  • In other news, I am so happy that my sister is here! The cousins love each other so much and I know my kids wish that they lived next door.
  • K is feeling better, but I think that LD is getting it or something else: he is very clingy, very tired, and has a runny nose. -sigh- It's just that time of year!
  • My vacuum is broken. The same part I had to replace about a year ago is broken again. I don't know what to do. The part costs about $50 and I have to order it so add some shipping to that. We've had the vacuum for five years. It is a middle grade Kenmore (costing about $200-$250 new). So, do I buy a new one or buy the part? Do I buy a cheap, cheap vacuum and just replace it later? Do I buy a really expensive one and hope it lasts longer? Any thoughts? It is just driving me CRAZY since I love to vacuum and do so about every day (except Sunday).

4 comments:

Heather said...

Isn't it nice to feel like you are making progress?

On the vacuum I guess it all depends on where you are at. Can you afford to get the one you really want now?? If not, I'd save your money and just buy the part.

nikko said...

Sorry about your vacuum. It stinks that the part costs so much.

Glad that K is better -- hopefully LD isn't getting sick, too.

:o)

Cheri said...

I don't know what to tell you on the vacuum. I'm in the same boat, trying to decide what to do myself!

Joyismygoal said...

I have loved my Dyson but have found they all last about 4-5 years w/ regular use