Saturday, October 31, 2009

Aren't you jealous?

Okay, okay, okay....I know none of you would ever want to be in my situation. You all know I wouldn't even be here if it was my choice.

BUT...
I am sitting here re-listening/re-watching General Conference while sewing my children's costumes (they changed their minds on THURSDAY about what they wanted to be). And, guess what??? No one is climbing up me. No one is needing me. No one is bothering me.

On breaks from the sewing, I am reorganizing and cleaning out K's room. I don't know how it can get so disorganized so fast, but she manages it. And, guess what??? No one is telling me I can't throw such-and-such away. No one is complaining of being hungry. No one is fighting with each other. I have my music and I am cleaning away.

My morning was busy and my afternoon all booked up, but where I was going to be got canceled. So, with two extra free hours I am going to get my eyebrows waxed and shop for some stuff to finish organizing K's room. And, guess what again??? No one is complaining about going to the store. No one is taking 20 minutes to put on a pair of shoes. No one is protesting going down for a nap.

There are moments that all this silence is refreshing and so, aren't you just a teeny weeny bit jealous???

Hope it is a great Halloween!!

9 comments:

nikko said...

Maybe just a teency bit. There are times when I just CRAVE a couple of hours in a quiet house.

Lana said...

that is one silver lining for sure :) Have a good weekend.

shana said...

VERY JEALOUS!!!! Good job looking at the bright side. By the way, I am feeling really good. It's nice to be able to do things again! :)

The Texas Bakers said...

After listening to Baby L cry all day today, a few hours of silence all to myself sounds really good. :)

chicagosapps said...

More than a tiny bit jealous! I'm absolutely GREEN with envy--especially since just last week I tried to clear out all the old, broken, incomplete, etc. toys from the closets and I got caught before I was done. There was a lot of weeping and wailing. It gave me a headache.

Can't wait to see pictures of their costumes!

victoria said...

Yes, I must admit, I am. Oh for a little me time!

Alison said...

You make it sound great!! No begging little children is like...heaven.

Colleen said...

SOOO jealous! I would LOVE a little me time right now! Ben is working 15 hour days in his Orthopedic Surgery rotation and is on call once a week which means he sleeps at the hospital and works a 30 hour shift and then comes home only to sleep al the next day! I'll just have to live vicariously through you! ;)

Selita & Craig said...

Well...see....I would be jealous, but my "baby" just went off to college - so I have alot of that....probably too much - I actually miss those day (don't anyone throw anything at me) :)