Monday, November 10, 2014

Baby C at 9 Months

Baby C turned 9 months last week.  CRAZY how time flies.  I am simultaneously so ready for the baby stages to be over and so saddened that very, very likely this is the last time I will experience these stages as a Mom.

As far as blog posts go, I am redoubling my efforts yet again to catch up on all these missing posts.  I am trying to work backwards, so they are definitely out of order.

Baby C is such a wonderful addition to our family.  He loves to clap and that is so fun to watch/hear him clap just randomly.  His first two teeth came in last week also.  He is a mover.  He isn't "crawling" yet, but he can roll, scoot, pivot, push himself back and forward.  He appears to be doing yoga as he gets on his feet and hands in an upside down V.  He also is proficient at going from lying down to sitting.  That is fun to watch him make this transition.




Today, just as I began this post, He went from sitting to pulling up on the ottoman.  I grabbed my phone and took a quick picture.  He was only kneeling, but he definitely pulled up that far!
Well done, my precious C, well done!  I am so blessed to have him in my life.  I love him with all my heart.   A funny story...he is also a snorter and a laugh-er both.  Tonight during family prayer, he decided to do both.  It cracked us all up.  He just gave a large laugh and then a big snort!  Ha ha ha.

In other news, V is so very funny.  She had me playing a card game with her today.  We play a family favorite that came from both sides of our family ("Oh, Heck!").  She wanted to play a game with me so she put out her hand to pound and bid.  It was very funny.  Another V-ism....Baby C was crying in the car and she said, "C, do you want me to nurse you?"  Sooooooo funny.  You can tell what she experiences in her world.  She also sings all day long, frequently at the top of her lungs, "I am a Child of God and He has sent me here...."  I feel so blessed that this a truth that she already knows at such a young age.  If she isn't singing that song, she is singing "Happy Birthday" to anyone and everyone.  Luckily we have a large family and lots of friends, so there are many days that it actually is the birthday of a cousin or aunt or uncle or someone we know!

No comments: