Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Random thoughts on a Wednesday Morning

I have a few random thoughts running through my brain and itching to get out:

  1. I love CK. I am having a difficult time being patient. The fear of the future is diminished greatly with the love we are developing daily. I have 16, 37, and 49 days until I see him.
  2. I am canceling my Dish today. I love my DVR, but the reality is that we just don't use it. After Conference, too, I realize that we are leaving the door open for filth we don't want in our home. Right now, the door is always closed, but it is available to open. Also, financially it makes sense...C is starting to eat like crazy and I have a few other places I'd like to use the money. I will miss it, but not too much.
  3. Time Out for Women is in TWO days! I am soooooooooooo excited. I love the women I am going with. I love the Spirit that is always present there. I am very glad I get to go. The last time I went was 2 1/2 years ago. As I look back, life was so different then. That was before anything happened with XDH at all. Life was busy and blissful. I had a toddler, a new calling, and a growing business, but I was happy. Now, I am happy again, but the road took a twist that was unexpected and painful.
  4. If I had a million dollars, I would spend it at Home Depot/Lowe's. J and I walked around Home Depot for a couple of hours while I got new brakes on the van. -sigh- I drooled down every aisle. I want a to install a screen door, buy a few saws, build a shed, install a radiant barrier in the attic, put shelves in the closets, remodel the counter tops in my kitchen. Oh, I really do need more time and money for all these dreams.
  5. I get to go to lunch with dear, dear friend, J. She is not a huge fan of Texas....she misses her family, friends, and old job so much, but she is an angel to me and I am so glad she moved here. Selfish, I know.
  6. I have been listening to Conference talks instead of music over the last couple of days. I love it. The Spirit that prevails in my life is so much better. I am happier, more at peace, and better able to understand what I need to improve. What a blessing to have technology!

1 comment:

victoria said...

We went to TOFW for the first time this year. It was so great. It'll definitely be a repeat. I have also been streaming conference talks this week - partly because I couldn't really hear them the first time through with the kids' accompaniment. Technology is great! I can just stream it and listen while I clean. Have a good week!