Friday, December 28, 2007
Sunday, December 23, 2007
So, wherever you are, whatever you are doing, whomever you are with: Merry Christmas! Remember to reflect on the greatest gift of all, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Speaking of LD, however, he got his first haircut yesterday! He definitely needed it..it was getting so long. Up until a couple of weeks ago, it was really curly on top and I didn't want to cut off the curl, but either he has now lost his baby curl or it just got too long to curl...it all of a sudden started looking like a mop on his head.
K started basketball practice yesterday. She has never played organized sports before. She hated it. She is by far the shortest and also the least experienced, although not that far behind a couple of the other girls. She also feels a lot of stress when she doesn't know exactly what is going to happen ahead of time. This practice with people she doesn't know, a coach she doesn't know, and drills that she's never done was quite overwhelming for her. Her coach was awesome, however. He was so patient with her and never rude. He also seems to love the game and teaching it. I think it will be a good year...but some difficult lessons for K. While she would like to be done already, I will not let her back out after just one practice. I expect a lot of tears coming up, though.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
- LD is sick
- I have to take on marketing for the clinic (Marketing director left to go out of town before finishing distribution of gift baskets, etc)
- I have to take on billing for the clinic (billing person in car accident and having a baby)
- I have to take on working at the clinic (see #3)
- I have to take on training new employees at the clinic (see #3)
- I have my own stuff to find time to fit in for the clinic: keeping the books, transcription, reconcilling, etc.
- DH isn't handling these turns of events well and thus compounds my stress!
- I have had no sleep (see #1)
- I still have gifts to wrap
- I have Compassionate Service calls to finish up...(I have had so much to do with this calling over the last two weeks it is insanity! I literally spend an hour on the phone per day, just for this calling.)
- I wanted to make big plates of goodies (don't think this is going to happen!) for neighbors
- Oh...what about teacher gifts? Friend gifts? etc...those I thought I could easily do last minute! WRONG!
- I still have to buy, but only for DH!
- I have to finalize and put on the classroom party for C
- K has Activity Days and basketball practice
- C has basketball practice and Friday Fun Day at the library
- My house is a disaster
- I still have to grocery shop for the cabin
- I have to pack for the cabin
- I have a cell phone that doesn't work well and is brand new, but I can't return it or we won't have a cell phone for emergencies as we are driving to the cabin.
- Did I mention that the Jazz are losing...this is not helping! Just win some games for us. I could use a cheerful DH for a night!
- There's more...but I can't handle adding to the list. I just have to stop and go have a good cry about it all and deal.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Here is the promised toothless wonder picture! Isn't it a classic? If you know C, you know this captures his personality perfectly
"Yes, Mami, I am cute in my pajamas....but did you see my mischievous grin?"
Happiness amidst the chaos. K has been wanting a miniature tree to put in her room. I actually found one at the dollar store and figured she'd like it even if it is small and cheap, but with all the stressful events of this last week, I hadn't had time to give them to them. Last night, I once again rebelled against bedtime and gave them their trees. They were so excited. I wish I could've captured the excitement to share. Hmmm....very rewarding for $3 each!
C working very hard on his little tree. He is a perfectionist and he couldn't get it quite "right" last night. It is beautiful, but he was so frustrated we almost had to just throw it in the trash.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Monday, December 3, 2007
On Saturday, I had my first yard sale. Oh my. What a lot of work. Some friends and neighbors joined me in the endeavor, but...it was still a lot of work.
Sunday morning I woke up with immense back pain. I could hardly move. DH had to give LD a bath for me since I couldn't even kneel down to wash his hair. It was bad. DH thought that for sure I wouldn't be able to go to church. He is a chiropractor and sees many cases of back pain and recovery a day. He told me that I was going to be in pain for a few days, even with treatment, as this is the typical pattern of my type of back pain.
Since church doesn't begin until 1:30, we were planning on going to the clinic for me to get therapy and a chiropractic adjustment. I wanted to go to church so bad. It is the highlight of the week. I love feeling the strength of the spirit, partaking the sacrament, and also socializing with the ward members. I was so bummed that I wasn't going to be able to go to church.
Then, all of a sudden, I felt better. I could move. I could bend. I could walk without hunching over. It was a miracle. I thought to myself, "Too bad we haven't gone to the clinic yet...then DH could claim this as his miracle!" Immediately, however, the answer came to me..."If you'd gone to the clinic already, you wouldn't see that it was MY miracle." It was definitely an answer to an unuttered prayer and the righteous desires of my heart.
And, I was worried that once I got to go to church that the pain would return, but it hasn't. What a blessing and a witness to me that God knows me and is ready and willing to help me at all times. Miracles do happen.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Friday, November 16, 2007
Sunday, November 11, 2007
If you’re a kid, you’ll want to race around the wrap-around deck until you’re delightfully dizzy or scramble back and forth on all fours across the towering catwalk stretching across the living, dining and kitchen areas. Perhaps you would prefer to challenge someone to an exciting game of air hockey out on the deck. The upstairs loft is a perfect kids retreat with a Foosball table, games galore, and a variety of books and movies for all ages. The kitchen and dining areas are ideal for lively family meals. A fire-pit in the yard is great for campfires, roasting marshmallows and sharing stories.
Friday, November 9, 2007
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Don't I have a cute niece and nephew?
Girl cousins! We're ready for the Pumpkin Patch!
Here we are on the hayride. E was a little scared of the tractor and held on very tight to my hand.
It's Fall 2007 (LD, K, and C at the Pumpkin Patch)
All dressed up for the local school carnival. S was a basketball player, C a Jedi, K a snow princess, and E Tinkerbell. They were very cute!
After church on Sunday I was surprised by a horse entering my kitchen with three riders! My sister's husband, P, is a great sport!
DH's birthday was on Monday. It was a little crazy to get ready for that and have my sister here and everything. We even got our hair done that morning for my birthday present to her. See my last post...isn't she cute?!? Anyhow...this is the cake that I made for DH. It turned out very good and I even impressed myself!
Goodbye hugs. It was so hard to say goodbye. I even took K and C out of school for an hour to say goodbye. They loved their cousins and their cousins loved them. It was so cute.
Here are some pictures from Halloween: LD is Darth Vader.
K is 100 months old! Can you believe it? It goes by so darn fast. She is a wonderful girl and it makes me happy to be her Mama.
Last of all....is this a model boy or what? This is the outfit my sister brought for LD's birthday. It is soooooooooo cute! I hope there are many more chilly days to come over the next couple of months so that I can dress him in this outfit again! :)