Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Finally Normal

The last few years have really taken their toll on me, particularly emotionally. While life is not perfect, I have a deep sense of normalcy that has gradually returned to my life.

This is how I know I am normal again:
  • I have gained 12 pounds in the last year, since I realized food was still yummy. :)
  • I am organizing and deep cleaning on a fairly regular basis again.
  • I feel overwhelmed and stressed out with all I want to accomplish and be. (definitely normal!)
  • I laugh.
  • I play games with my kids.
  • I am available for friends and neighbors that need me.
  • etc.

Most of these things were true much of the time, even in my non-normal state. But, as I review how I was before XDH shattered my world, then how I was while picking up the pieces, and how I am now....definitely back to normal. And, it is all due to a Savior that knows me and loves me and carried me when I could not manage alone. I am so blessed and grateful. I love Him.

3 comments:

Lana said...

Yeah! welcome the new normal, you are awesome! love you
L

Lisette said...

So good to hear! You are amazing!

Ruth said...

Amazing, all that has transpired in the last while, and all that you have learned and gained through it. I am so glad to hear that things have settled down and that you have a happy normal and someone to share it with!