Friday, August 12, 2011

K Family Reunion

CK's Family has an annual reunion, usually in Idaho. This year, we had the reunion in conjunction with the wedding. It was very fun and it was especially nice to have my children get to know their new cousins. I am so impressed with how the K family has welcomed all four of us with loving arms. We have been included as dear family and I am so grateful.

We got in very late Wednesday night (by the time we got there, it was actually Thursday morning)...about 1:30 am.

Thursday morning, Grandma made the four kids breakfast. She is awesome.
Then, that afternoon CK and I went and got our marriage license from the courthouse and met the rest of the family for a fun afternoon at the waterpark with a picnic after.

The big kids loved this slide:
Eating the picnic:



Talking and laughing. This is my new sister, M. I really like her. :) I love the whole family. They are great. CK is so lucky.
Grandma then had the big girls all to her house for a sleepover. They had a lot of fun and it was really good for K. (If you look closely at the sleeping bags, there are girls hiding from me in them!)
Friday morning, we packed up and started a new K family tradition. This year, there are 3 cousins old enough to perform baptisms for the dead in the temple. We decided that this would be a fun tradition to add to the family reunion. I am really excited about it.
We went to the Idaho Falls, ID temple (Where CK and I were married the next day).

Here they are: B, K, and T, after the baptisms.
Then...D had us meet and go bowling. The cool thing was...there are 24 of us, so he divided us into 4 groups, mixing ages and families. We were teams. It was so fun and a great way to bond with each other. I thought it was a great idea!
It was K's birthday and she was just such a great sport. She brought extra socks for me...in case I didn't want to dig them out of my suitcase (I did not). We had fun wearing the crazy socks together.

We finished the day at D and K's house for a presentation of the team bowling trophy and for K's birthday cake.

What a great reunion!!! I am so blessed to be part of this family. Again, the blessings are overwhelming. I feel so happy. :)

My kids and I then left to spend the night in a hotel to get ready for the wedding (at this point less than a day away!)

No comments: