Sunday, January 6, 2008

A New Year

It is a great new year. We are less than a week in and I already feel blessed. I think as our family really tries to move forward, striving to do what God wants us to do, that we will be blessed. I hope that I will be a better person next year at this time than I am now. I hope I have much opportunity to grow and improve in all aspects of my life.



That being said, we rang in the New Year with some dear friends. How great it is to have friends that you can completely be yourself with. It doesn't matter how messy the house, how cranky the kids, how non-make-uped I am...these are true friends. I feel so fortunate that A is one of my very best friends and that our DHs get along so well. The only funny thing about our relationship is that (in the words of C), they are a "tall" family and we are a "short" family. Their 4-year-old daughter is almost as tall as our 8 1/2 year old. Here are some picts from that night. The kids were so excited to ring in the new year together.




Also this week, K got to spend a lot of time with her best friend, E, that moved to Mexico and visited during the break. They have a very special friendship and I hope that they can continue to keep in touch. We probably won't see them again for 18 months.



Finally, we began our new church schedule at 8:30 in the morning! Here is Little Dan this morning...he never sleeps this late and is also an extremely light sleeper, but somehow this morning slept through me changing him into his church clothes. Welcome to the early schedule, LD!

2 comments:

nikko said...

That's so cute about the "Tall Family" comment. ;o) So glad that you're having a great new year so far.

Jess said...

Ha! 8:30? Have I mentioned that I have to be at church by 7:30! ACK! I'm so looking forward to the bigger sanctuary being finished this year. We'll go back to one service so I won't fall asleep in Sunday school anymore, lol.

I love the flying hair picture of the kids! And who's that trying to peek over your shoulder in the photo of you? Your hair looks so good like that!

God bless!
Jess