Sunday, January 27, 2008

Speaking in church, mission calls, and moving

I spoke in church today. Thank goodness it is over! :) I actually got really nervous. I usually am nervous, of course, but today I was more than usual. Once I got up to speak, though, I wasn't nervous at all. I saw so many faces of people that I know and love. I had prepared as much as possible and I was just blessed to be able to deliver my talk clearly. Like always, the research, thought, and prayer that goes into the preparation really helped me to focus on things I need to improved. My topic was from Alma 34:18-27, on prayer. I really felt the love of our Heavenly Father and what a great desire he has to be a part of our lives. The rest of church was wonderful as well. I love church. I love taking the sacrament. I love the fellowship. I love the positive uplift at the beginning of a new week. I love coming home and pondering on what I can do to make my life better! :)

My kids also got "mission calls" today. What a fun idea our primary presidency had! :) K had to decide between a school function that she really wanted to go to and the primary activity. She chose this activity and it will be so fun. Anyhow, they got their "calls" at church and then got to open them in front of us, as a family, when they got home. It was a very special feeling and they were so excited. I am so grateful that we have wonderful sisters and brothers that give of their time to teach my little ones. There is so much they need to know and they have such great influences in their lives. I love that what I teach them at home is enhanced and reinforced by good teachers.

Finally, it is official! My sister is moving here! I am so excited. I love her so much and the opportunity for them to be close to us is so wonderful! As moves are, this is a lot of work for her and her DH and I wish so much that I could be there to help out. I worry a little that for some reason they will hate living here or not like being close to us...and then it will be our fault that they moved here. I know that is silly, but I do worry a little. I so want them to be happy and I do want them here, but I don't want them to regret it. I am sure they will love it like I do! :) Anyhow, pray for them this week as they make the long drive with their three small children: 3 years, almost 2, and 7-8 weeks old. I pray for sunny skies with no snow.

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Speaking in front of people terrifies me- good job for being brave.
I'm so happy for you that your sister is moving here- I can't imagine not having my sisters close to me!

utmommy said...

I ALWAYS get nervous when I have to speak. Sounds like your talk went well.

I'm so jealous, I would totally love to live next to my sister. How fun for you.

Heather said...

Glad the talk went well and I can't imagine your sister NOT loving living near you guys.

Joyismygoal said...

You did such a wonderful job I knew it was all sincere and well used and that made it so easy to hear