Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Why am I one of the Lucky Ones?

So, tomorrow I turn 32. This past year has been rough, really rough. Actually rougher than I ever could imagine in my wildest dreams about roughness. Yet, I sit here tonight so grateful for the multitude of blessings I enjoy. How can I complain when I am one of the Lucky Ones?

A few of my precious blessings:
  • A wonderful, intact, loving, and healthy family (DH, me, and our three kiddos).
  • Friends. I can't say enough about my friends. I have been blessed to have so many friends. I truly believe that I have been blessed with some of the greatest women that have ever lived as my friends. They are my angels. I seriously can't say enough. Thank-you.
  • My Savior. This year of struggles has been such a blessing in that I have never felt the Savior's presence as close as I have this year. I know He loves me. I know He guides me. I know He weeps when I weep. I am so grateful for all He has done for me.
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ. What great peace the Gospel brings. It puts this earth-life into perspective. And, what a blessing to have a living Prophet to lead the way.
  • The Clinic. We have owned our own clinic for 3 1/2 years now. How lucky we are. We were so blessed with the Lord's help with everything from location to timing to enough patients to more than sustain us. While we have been there many times, I am so grateful that, at this time, I don't have to worry about whether there will be enough money this month to pay the bills and eat.

How lucky I am! And, here's to a better year at 32 than at 31! :)

8 comments:

Colleen said...

Hey, Happy Birthday!! I join you in my 30's in August. I'm sorry this year has been so hard on you and I wish I had known what I could do to help!

I'd like to think that my hardest years are behind me, but I won't be so naive as to declare that...

Thanks for the comment on my page. That was sweet. I miss you, too! I feel like we have so much in common, but we don't really get to hang out much. I can't wait until I am back in Relief Society! I need some female bonding!!

Happy Birthday again! I hope you have a great day!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday to a great gal. I am so happy to have you for a friend. You are awesome and you have the greatest kids too. I wish the Lord's choicest blessings upon you this coming year.
Love n' hugs

KP said...

Happy birthday, mi amiga! I hope that this year is an even better year for you!

Lana said...

Happy BIrthday!!!

nikko said...

Happy Birthday!

You have such a positive outlook. You are an example to me!

victoria said...

Happy Birthday, Ruth! I hope your day is fabulous. Relax and be pampered. Love you!

Jay said...

Happy B-day to you! Be glad you can't hear me singing the whole song. Your ears will thank me!

shana said...

Happy Birthday to you. I hope you have a great day with no tantrums! :)