Saturday, March 16, 2013

Final Day of Spring Break and Finally a Garden

 I have been really struggling with Blogger lately...so there are many posts not posted and even more not even out of my head! 

We have had a great Spring Break and especially a great trip to see A....among a million other things I need to post. 

But, I am really trying to post more...so, at least for now, I am picking up with yesterday and today.

Yesterday was our final day of Spring Break.  We went with one of my good friends and her boys down to a little train that is close to the zoo.  We knew the traffic would be crazy and....well, we were not wrong.  It was so crowded.  But, we had so much fun.  It was a perfect day and it was so fun to be together.

Here is J with J.  They are about a year apart, but both are a little on the crazy and wild side and we had so much fun together.  They were my seat mates.


 V was my other seat-mate.  She wasn't unhappy, but she also was not excited about the train either.  I think she was just taking it all in.
 K came with me too.  She is so much fun.  I love, love, love spending time with her.  As she gets older and I know that time with her is becoming more and more limited, I sure cherish every moment.

What a great way to end our Spring Break!  So fun.


Today, one of our projects was putting in our garden.  We had a great garden at our last home.  Usually it grew great vegetables, but it sometimes was also a great garden of weeds.  I have hope for this new garden. 

CK and I built the boxes weeks ago, but today we went and bought various bags of "dirt," mixed them together, and filled the boxes.  I am excited to follow the prophet and plant our garden.  So far, we have two tomato plants planted, but I worked forever on the layout today and we sure are ready to plant the rest. 

V was not sure about being outside.  It was warm, but quite windy.  She didn't like it much.  Because of the wind, as we were mixing up the dirt for our boxes, she ended up with dirt of her face and in her hair.  It was time for a bath anyway, right?

I am so blessed.  So blessed indeed.  Just look at the great life I have!

No comments: