Tuesday, August 2, 2016

What has happened to me?

I have been pondering this since Sunday.  I don't feel older, but, all of a sudden, my body is shaped differently.  And, I don't like it.  I guess I just don't want to admit that middle age is indeed here.  It is true that I am a couple of pounds heavier than I was a month or two ago (but only a couple!), all my weight is sitting differently.  And, like I said, I do not like it.  I am growing a belly and a muffin top.  WOW!  Truly, I am coming to realize that my body will never be the same as it was.  I guess I have always known that this would happen.  I just thought that somehow I would FEEL older too.  Nope.  I think I am still 25 or something.  No, I know I am not 25, but I don't really feel inside older than that.  Yet, my next birthday will bring me to 40!  What happened?

And, today I had an experience that made it real.  I have a new friend that just recently moved into our ward.  Yesterday, there was a huge area that lost power FOR HOURS (I did not know about this actually because I am not on Facebook any longer....but after yesterday I am reconsidering).  Late last night, we discovered that one of the many families that lost power was this young couple and their 8 month old baby girl.  We invited them to come sleep at our house where we had air conditioning.  They did.  It worked out perfectly because C is gone and his room is the "guest room" and Mom K left recently and so I'd just washed the guest sheets and towels.  It took us minutes to prepare the guest room.  I loved having them here, knowing that they were out of the heat finally.  Yet, as much as I loved loved loved them being here, I did notice a difference.  I have a 17 year old.  I am closer to being old enough to be her mom than to be her peer.  So, I have indeed aged.

The cool thing about this aging thing is seeing the multitudes of blessings I have received throughout my life.  I have an amazing life.  I love it!  I feel my aging body.  Whether MS fatigue or life fatigue or both, I am not as energetic as I once was, but my life is absolutely amazing!!  I am blessed.

No comments: