Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Traditions

Today is Christmas Eve! :) As a family, we have many traditions that we have created together. I guess this is what makes a family. It is definitely what makes these holidays so special. I am so grateful that we have another Christmas Eve together as a family. What a great family I am blessed with! I am so excited for this evening...here are some of our traditions:
  1. We go out to dinner (this year: Red Lobster!)
  2. We go look at Christmas lights together.
  3. We come home and read the Christmas story from Luke 2 while looking at the Nativity set with a candle.
  4. We sing Christmas Hymns.
  5. We sit in a circle and talk of why we love each member of our family.
  6. We have family prayer.
  7. We call Grandpa and he reads "Twas the Night Before Christmas."
  8. We put up our stockings and put out cookies and milk for Santa.
  9. The kids open one present each...as a preview! :)
  10. (Then...we all go to bed...excited for more Christmas traditions to come tomorrow!)

This year we have added taking giftcards to the homeless and less fortunate...but I don't know when that will happen in the evening.

I love traditions. I love family. I love Christmas Eve. Most of all, though, I love my Savior, Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Jay said...

Yay for family! Merry Christmas...a little late!

Suzanne said...

Those are some fun traditions! Merry Christmas, Good life! :)

KP said...

Merry Christmas! Have a terrific new year! Your traditions sound so enjoyable.