Monday, December 8, 2008

You know he's two when....

LD and I had quite a Friday last Friday. It all began right after I dropped the big kids off at school. I was doing dishes and he came running out to me...with no clothes! He had taken off his pajamas, socks, and diaper. He told me that he wanted to wear underwear. Well, now that he is two, it is time...but, I already decided I didn't want to deal with a newly potty-trained kid at the cabin, so, after Christmas is the plan.

Anyhow, you don't deny a kid that WANTS to wear underwear and go potty, do you? We were about to head out to work out and run errands, so I thought 5 minutes in underwear...I'll have him try to go potty, then get him dressed with a diaper and head out.

You can guess what happened! Less than five minutes later, he had peed and pooped. Lovely.

Next, on our errands trip, we were shopping. He first decided he wanted something that I had him put away. He laid down on the floor and took off his shoes and socks. So, I put them back on and put him up on the counter while I paid. So, he took off his shoes and chucked them across the room. Then, as we were leaving, he again laid down, took off his coat and his socks....all while I am trying to get out the door with my bags of purchases. It was not fun. -sigh- He really is two!

11 comments:

Jay said...

Gotta love those tantrums! At least it was Friday!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Oh my i am having Flashbacks ahhhh i am so sorry i feel for you:)

KP said...

It sounds like you handled it all in stride, maybe this isn't your first time around?

Cheri said...

Don't you just love it- not!!
Hope the potty training goes quickly when you start. That is always such a relief to be done with.

victoria said...

I feel your pain! It's good that things are funny in retrospect.

shana said...

Oh my gosh. Reading that scared me to death, but made me smile. I could picture that happening to me so easily. What a "fun" time of life this is. . .

Lisette said...

How funny. NOT really but later you will laugh. G is pretty much to that terrible 2 age also.

Yvonne said...

That's great about his first experience w/underwear. That's never happened for me! So glad you had such a great Thanksgiving.

Suzanne said...

Gotta love the potty training! ;) Yeah...not so much. Good luck...after the cabin! :)

Angela said...

I enjoyed age two up until a few months before he turned three, but now three is going well.

I guess you gotta figure that they do it to keep you from bordom.
Good luck just the same.
I need luck too.

The Tall and Short of it said...

NICE! Little J is so good for me! Isn't that what you tell me about my Bay??!! Gotta love them! It has been nice trading watching them with you! It helps!