Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
- We go out to dinner (this year: Red Lobster!)
- We go look at Christmas lights together.
- We come home and read the Christmas story from Luke 2 while looking at the Nativity set with a candle.
- We sing Christmas Hymns.
- We sit in a circle and talk of why we love each member of our family.
- We have family prayer.
- We call Grandpa and he reads "Twas the Night Before Christmas."
- We put up our stockings and put out cookies and milk for Santa.
- The kids open one present each...as a preview! :)
- (Then...we all go to bed...excited for more Christmas traditions to come tomorrow!)
This year we have added taking giftcards to the homeless and less fortunate...but I don't know when that will happen in the evening.
I love traditions. I love family. I love Christmas Eve. Most of all, though, I love my Savior, Jesus Christ.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
Anyhow, you don't deny a kid that WANTS to wear underwear and go potty, do you? We were about to head out to work out and run errands, so I thought 5 minutes in underwear...I'll have him try to go potty, then get him dressed with a diaper and head out.
You can guess what happened! Less than five minutes later, he had peed and pooped. Lovely.
Next, on our errands trip, we were shopping. He first decided he wanted something that I had him put away. He laid down on the floor and took off his shoes and socks. So, I put them back on and put him up on the counter while I paid. So, he took off his shoes and chucked them across the room. Then, as we were leaving, he again laid down, took off his coat and his socks....all while I am trying to get out the door with my bags of purchases. It was not fun. -sigh- He really is two!
Monday, December 1, 2008
- LD had the cutest smile for Papi O....complete with a black bean beard and black bean hairgel!
- It was just the seven of us for Thanksgiving: I was on my feet literally from 8 am to 5 pm cooking, but there was no stress of a time limit....just cooking. --sigh-- so low stress. :) Thanks to Mami R. for all her help!
- C did an amazing karate demonstration for the family. His instructor was right...put on the pads and he turns into an animal.
- We enjoyed the perfect weather the first few days with a gorgeous hike in the great outdoors.
- We froze (my poor Southern body--you'd never know I grew up in Colorado--I freeze at 50 degrees) together with a front row seat at the parade of lights.
- K was the beauty of the week with her gorgeous hair and awesome photo poses.
- DH was off Wed-Sun! :) Hurray for family time.
- Mami R. and Papi O. are so loving and sweet and great advise givers, as good parents should be! How blessed I feel to have them as my "parents!"
- Papi O. cleaned and did projects around the house that I hadn't been able to get to! Thank-you, Papi!
- I biffed it in the water gardens after church yesterday! It was hilarious...but I have a bruise 4" x 3" on my knee! Yuck. At least we will all remember it together. (Maybe not an "awesome" moment, but a memorable one, at least!)
- Bonus: The food was outstanding! We had such a great time eating together (but I gained like 5 pounds!)
- Bonus #2: LD missed his siblings so much that he asked for them all day long today. When we finally drove up to the school to pick them up, he shouted "Yay! Yay! Yay! K and C! Yay! Yay! Yay!"
- Bonus #3: After Thanksgiving sales were soooooooooo awesome and we got such great deals. Hurray! (Also low stress...we didn't have anything on our "list" that we couldn't live without so we were just enjoying the excitement....and we left at 6:15, not earlier!)
We definitely had a great time together. I am so blessed to have in-laws that I love so much. I cried and cried and cried as they left this morning. Back to one of my favorite quotes ..."The pain now is part of the happiness then." So true.
(Hopefully pictures are coming! They didn't work for me today.)