Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Please, blow my pasta for me."

Oh, the faith of a child. Tonight at dinner, LD's pasta was hot. He says to me, "Mom, I am going to ask Heavenly Father to blow it for me."

Immediately, he folds his arms, closes his eyes, and bows his head. Then, in a very pleading voice says, "Heavenly Father, my pasta is hot. Please, blow my pasta for me. Please! Amen." It was such a sweet moment....and I did have to hold in the laughter.

Happily, LD reported that his pasta was cooled enough now that Heavenly Father blew it and he started right in to eat.

Again...the faith of a child.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

That's a very sweet story. Your children sound like great people. (I wonder where they got that...)

Alison said...

I like your "silver linings". We all need to remind ourselves of the good in our lives.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!!! So I am home in Texas and I was wondering if I could see you sometime ASAP. I need a great big hug from you. Love you!!

Robin said...

Kids are very faithful...they know that Heavenly Father is real. Because you as their mother have taught them. Just like the stripling warriors.. Great job.

The Tall and Short of it said...

That's awesome!

Kathy said...

super sweet. Awe what children can teach us!