Sunday, July 11, 2010

Time Has Run Out

CK and I were hoping it never would. But, it did. Both of us felt it separately today at church. It is time. I ache, but I am ready to do the Lord's will. I hurt, but I know He won't lead us astray. I want to still be CK's best friend, but I know we crossed that line a long time ago and it is impossible to go back. A lot of lonely days and nights are ahead, but, in the words of Garth Brooks, "I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance." I love you, CK. You know that, right?

2 comments:

AngeeBee said...

I love that song! I had a college roommate who had a shrine to Garth Brooks in our apartment. I became indoctrinated!

When we come back to the USA I would love to have the girls get together; actually just bring all the kids and we'll hang out!

Love you!

Raini said...

Oh Ruth, keep on keeping on! I heart that song too...reminds me of a similar situation in my College dating days, that song still resonates with me today!