Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Day that Wasn't Supposed to Be

Today is a day that wasn't supposed to be. I have been scheduled to sub today for about a month. I had a place for J and we were all set. I was even looking forward to it: 5th grade, which is my favorite. But, yesterday afternoon, the school called. The teacher I was subbing for had his conference canceled so he would be at school and not needing a sub. All of a sudden I had a day...8 hours I hadn't counted on having this week.

So, what do you do with a day that wasn't supposed to be?
  • Clean the kitchen extra well.
  • Clean out / organize your daughter's closet (I only spent an hour here....it will need more)
  • Take your 4-year-old to the new library storytime (old one is better).
  • Talk to a great friend that moved away a couple of years ago...talked to her for over an hour.
  • Eat lunch and laugh with said 4-year-old
  • Mow, edge, blow out, and prepare for fertilizing your front lawn.
  • Get ready to go to the temple tomorrow.
  • Wash sheets and re-make beds.
  • Go mentor a 3rd grader at the elementary school.
  • Enjoy!

I am such a list person. I always have much that needs to be done and even more that I want to do. It is nice to have this unexpected day. :) And, tonight will be super duper busy, but tomorrow I get to go to the temple (hurray!) and then we have a calm week. That hasn't happened since school started. -sigh- So nice. And then, Friday I head to see CK. I can't wait. 3 days!

No comments: