Monday, August 26, 2013

Another First Day!

 And...we have another first day of school.  Hard to believe they are back already.  It is even more difficult to believe just how old they are!!
 C started 7th grade today.  He was definitely the least nervous...hardly at all.  He is such a talented kid.  I am proud of him.  This year brings Honor Band (way to go!...He had to try out to get in) and football.  He begins practices tomorrow early (6:30 or 7:00).
 Here is my little J, only he isn't so little any more.  Perhaps you can guess which grade he is entering?  Yep 1st.  He is so much more capable than he was in Kindergarten.  He was nervous, but not upset.  School is a routine for him now. 

 As he sits at his desk, he is trying to convince us of how sad he is! 

Then, of course, there is my K.  She began high school (9th grade) this year.  Oh my!  She is so ready, but she was very nervous.  As I dropped her off, it felt a little like taking her to Kindergarten - leaving my baby in a strange, new, and big school and trusting she would make it. 

I know she will be fine.  In a day or two, after the kinks are worked out, she will be more than fine, she will thrive.  But, for now, I am just praying for a good day for her.

I don't feel like it really has been 14 years since I became a mom, but she is the evidence.  I guess I am getting older.  I don't feel "old," just I know that having a child in high school makes me seem ancient to many.

V is such a happy baby.  She is just playing around, mostly by herself.  She is walking 8-12 steps at a time (although occasionally she still falls after two) and she is just letting go and taking off walking with no destination in mind.  It won't be long until that is all she does!  I am grateful today especially for her good nature.  I have severe leg pain that may or may not be pregnancy related (it doesn't seem to be, but you never know) and the pain woke me up around two this morning, never to go back to sleep.  Needless to say, between lack of sleep and continuing pain, I am dragging.  Thank goodness V is so good at entertaining herself.  In so many ways, she is a blessing to me. 

And, I miss A.  It has been nearly a month already since we saw her.  I wish we lived closer.  I am also ready for this new baby....not ready for it to be born, but just excited that I get to be a Mom again. 

No comments: