Saturday, May 3, 2014

Tough Times

Baby C has struggled to sleep well this week. So I am already sleep deprived.

Then....last night.....V would sleep a few minutes then start screaming uncontrollably. Nothing CK or I did would help. She did not want her favorite foods, her favorite places, or even her favorite songs. We were up a lot of the night. We did get one pretty good stretch from about 1:30 to about 4:15. Other than that, we were awake.

The hard thing is, that CK had to wake up at 4 AM to get ready to go on his flight to see A. Yes, he will be gone all weekend. I have two babies to take care of. I was not at all worried about it, since the older kids will be home some of the day today and all day tomorrow. Monday will be a little bit tough to get everyone to seminary and school, but I can handle it.

Now, I have a nearly 3-month-old that needs me frequently, and a toddler that is often screaming. There is not enough of me to go around.

Luckily, I am surrounded by people that can help if I need it. I have my sister, visiting teachers, home teachers, and neighbor friends. I am not alone.

I am so grateful that CK gets to go see A. I am grateful that we have enough money to budget in these trips each month. I am grateful that CK has such as desire to be with A. I am grateful that she loves me as one of her moms. I am grateful to be able to have her as one of my daughters. We are truly a blessed family.

So, today I am exhausted. But, I won't always be exhausted. And I needed to remember this moment.

No comments: