Sunday, August 19, 2007

C's Primary Talk


C gave a great talk in Primary today. I gave him a couple of suggestions and helped him find a scripture, but other than that...the words are all his. He did a great job. He was nervous at the beginning, but he did it anyhow...just read it and even looked up at the audience. We were very proud of him. Here it is:


In the Book of Mormon, Jesus said to the Nephites in 3rd Nephi, Chapter 28, Verse 11, “And the Holy Ghost beareth record of the Father and me.” This means the Holy Ghost tells me that Heavenly Father and Jesus are true. The Holy Ghost also tells me to choose the right.

I can listen to the Holy Ghost when I am still. The Holy Ghost makes me feel good. When I listen to the Holy Ghost I learn more about Jesus. I know that Jesus Christ is my savior.

There is a song in the August 2005 Friend that goes like this, “The Holy Ghost can be with me each day, to comfort me, bless me, and show me the way. He teaches me of the things that are true. And prompts me to know of the good I should do.” This means that you should listen to the Holy Ghost.

I know that the Holy Ghost is real. And He tells me that Heavenly Father and Jesus are true. I know that I can be happy when I listen to the Holy Ghost.

In the Name…..

6 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

Wow that was wonderful and sweet and he is so young:>

Heather said...

What a handsome guy and a great talk to boot!

Suzanne said...

What a cute talk and look how darling he looks in his vest and tie! Did he get a haircut just for the talk? It looks so trim and nice. :)

Andrea said...

That's awesome. I love hearing the primary kids talk- especially when they do it themselves.

utmommy said...

Sometimes primary talks are the best! He looks adorable.

Jenner said...

My 4 year old son is speaking in primary this week and by chance I came upon this post. Your son is very smart to have put together so many beautiful concepts. I am helping my son with his talk, would you mind if we used some of these ideas?

Best of luck with everything.