Friday, September 14, 2007

Sometimes it's just plain hard to be a mom.

Like today. This is my second night in a row with four hours of sleep or less. Somehow that just makes it more difficult to function. LD had a fever all night. It was 103.1-high enough to make me want to keep an eye on him (and, of course, give him Tylenol), but not high enough to call the nurse or take him to the ER.

And..K couldn't find her school library book that needed to be taken back today.

And..C somehow lost his library book between 7:00 and 7:30 this morning while helping K look for hers.

Needless to say, I dropped off two very cranky kids at school this morning.

And...yesterday I had to work in the afternoon (I really don't mind, in fact I enjoy it)...but in combo with LD and his fever...my awesomely clean house and schedule is completely wrecked. Normally, I'd just go pick it up...but with my lack of sleep it just seems frustrating!

Let's just say...there are some days that it's easier to be a mom than others.

But, the fact is...I am soooooooooo grateful to be home with my three angels and I would not trade it for the world. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for a husband that goes out and "slays dragons" so that I can be here with LD and ready with hugs, nutritious snacks, and an understanding ear when my bigger kids get home from school. It is the hardest job I have ever had, but the best! :) And I would do it again and again and again.

5 comments:

nikko said...

Sorry K and C were cranky. Hopefully LD will feel better soon!

It's so hard to operate on little sleep. Hope he lets you take a nap this afternoon.

Joyismygoal said...

I think we have those days so when we have sweet quiet moments we know to appreciate them.

Kathy said...

that's why being a mom is so rewarding because it is sometimes so difficult.

utmommy said...

Sorry for the tough day. Motherhood is NOT easy, but at least it is extremely rewarding. The good outweighs the bad for sure!

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

very true! it is hard,but worth it! :-)