Saturday, September 1, 2007

What a crazy life we lead....

So..this morning DH is off with the boy scouts to help clean-up a ranch for a fundraiser. So...I had "THE List" to accomplish. My hope was that I could get everything done on the list and then be free this evening and Monday to just do whatever with DH and the fam. So, I clean up the house with my morning routine. I am just about to head out to edge and mow when I look at the top of my Saturday list (written a week ago)...it says "H Baptism."

Oh no. It is 9:05. Baptism starts at 10:00 at the Stake Center (I have to allot 30 minutes drive time due to horrid traffic in that area of town!). All four of us are in grubby clothes. I haven't showered (I was headed outside, for goodness sakes!). So..the whirlwind begins: clothes changes, shower for me, finding books to write down to take to Barnes and Noble since their free book thing ends tomorrow, getting a diaper bag ready (DH took the van, which is the permanent home for my regular diaper bag), looking for my driver's license...I think it is in the regular diaper bag in the van, changing car seats (remember..no van). But..miracle of miracles, traffic was much lighter than it EVER is and we made it right on time. It was so nice to be there, especially since another of K's classmates got baptized, too, so we got to witness both. I forgot to mention, however, that in the chaos of getting ready I let LD get into whatever he wanted. So we came home to dirty silverware from the dishwasher all over the floor, toys all strewn out, my blow dryer, make-up, lotions, and etc emptied out of my bathroom counter...my nice clean house...terrorized.

Now...just as I type this I find out that some of the boys were throwing bottles at the boy scout fundraiser and our windshield got hit and shattered. Lovely (hear the dripping sarcasm!). Another thing to take care of. Oh well, DH doesn't even sound mad on the phone. That is a blessing. I guess it'll be okay. Like I said: just another thing to take care of.

See..What a CRAZY life we lead.

5 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

you are an amazing woman.

Lana said...

oh no! windsheild repair! arh!

where are the fireworks?

It was so nice of you guys to come to H's baptism. I know it meant a lot to her.

Rachel said...

your poor windshield.... Don't you love it when traffic is much lighter then expected. Another simple blessing from up above to help you get to where you needed to be at the right time.

zeebee said...

What a crazy day!

Anonymous said...

All the joys of motherhood! You are doing great!