Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Change...a little boy is growing up.


This post is all about our precious LD. I have no doubt that he was sent to our family for very specific reasons at the time he was. What a little ball of joy (most of the time....he can be very two-ish when he wants to be!). This week has marked big changes for him.

.
First, on Saturday, DH and I finally put up the bunk beds and took down the crib. I know, I know...he was a bit old for a crib! He is by far our the oldest of any of our kids to leave the crib. But...he loved it and I loved it. It was a win-win. Nonetheless, it was time for him to move up. He cried saying goodbye to his crib on Saturday, but since then, I don't think he has looked back. He is even taking naps on it well, which is what I most worried about.

,
Second, he has been potty training. He is doing so well. So far....no accidents! I know they will come, but this sure is a great start! What another big change for the little guy. Since we are just in the early stages of training, I still put on a diaper when we go out. It was funny since tonight we were in the library and he started screaming "I'm going bish (Spanish) right now!" I guess he has figured out what it feels like to need to go.

8 comments:

utmommy said...

What a cute little boy!!

I hope the potty training continues to go well.

shana said...

Oh my gosh. How do they grow up so quickly? I'm excited for all the "big boy" changes. Crazy to think that will be us in a few months!!!

Lana said...

sad :( but congrats to LD! he is a darling boy.

victoria said...

Our daughter was in her crib until she was 4. She just loved it. Now she loves her grown-up bed. Best of luck with the potty-training!

KP said...

They do grow up so fast, I hope that the potty training goes well, it seems like he is ready!

Anne said...

Awww! What a big boy:)
Bunk beds are fun!!
And way to go on the no accidents yet- and amazing that he knows whats going on!
It's been fun to see you at the Y, Friday you left just minutes before I came in!!

zeebee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angela said...

Good luck with the changes.
Hope potty training goes well for you guys.
My son has more accidents at home than he does when we are out.
So it is almost like he is potty trained as long as we arent at home