Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Locked out

Ya gotta love two-year-olds. Today, right after my shower (I was fully dressed, but my hair still wet), I decided to run an extra bag of trash down to the curb before the trash truck came around. It was freezing so I ran and it was literally a 10-second job.

When I got back to the door, it was locked and LD was on the other side saying, "I locked the door, Mami." Duh! Here I was locked out in the freezing cold with wet hair. No keys. All the doors to my house locked. DH has Tuesday mornings off, but he'd gone for a hike and since he has a new cell phone and I just have it programmed in my phone I couldn't even remember his phone number. I decided I might just have to sit outside and freeze until DH returned. I couldn't very well leave my little two-year-old home alone. After about 15 minutes of "Mami, open the door!", (To which I'd reply, "I can't. YOU LOCKED IT!") LD finally figured out how to unlock the deadbolt and let me in! WHEW!

12 comments:

nikko said...

Fun stuff. Of course, the scary thing is now he knows how to undo the deadbolt!

shana said...

I can't believe you got locked out. I'm glad he figured it out finally.

KP said...

Oh my! Kind of scary, kind of funny. Well at least you weren't up here, at 7am this morning it was -26, not counting wind chill!

Alison said...

Aren't two years old cute? Carson has locked me out, TWICE before I got a spare key. You hate for them to learn how to unlock the door, but sometimes you don't have a choice.

Kailee said...

Wow, LD definitely sounds like he is in his terrible twos! :p What a stinker, but still a cutie (I feel the same way about my little sis, too.) :D

victoria said...

So funny! (in retrospect) Back in school I locked MYSELF out while my baby was sleeping inside. I was barefoot, but thank goodness I was otherwise fully clothed! I finally found someone to open it for me and babe was still soundly sleeping, phew!

Suzanne said...

How scary and frustrating! I'm glad he figured out how to unlock it!!!

Jay said...

Too funny! At least you were fully clothed.

Lisette said...

You'll never forget this one!

Anne said...

Kids do crazy, funny things!
I'm sure it was frustrating, but very funny at the same time.
The joys of the 2s! :)

Angela said...

Never leave for even 2 seconds without a key especially in winter time.

Glad you got back in without freezing too bad

Jess said...

Wait 'til he figures out your automatic car locks while you're getting gas. :)