Friday, January 2, 2009

Last day of Christmas Break

It is the last day of Christmas Break, not counting the weekend. I have to say...I am ready for the kids to go back to school. I am ready for the routine of life again. I am ready to not have constant bickering. I have loved having them home, but it is definitely time.
.
Thank goodness that today we have a lot of friends over. It is so fun, although the girls do feel outnumbered (3 girls and 8 boys). Luckily, the girls are the three oldest and enjoy helping the littler ones, as well.
.
The weather is so beautiful that we even got to go outside for a picnic lunch (and it felt HOT!). The great thing about this picnic is that it was so win-win. When the girls asked if they could have a picnic and I said "Yes," you would've thought I was the greatest mom on the planet. What they didn't know is that....by having a picnic, we had crumbs outside and plenty of seating for all 11! What a great way to spend our last day.

8 comments:

nikko said...

Thank you so much for watching our boys for our lunch date! :o)

marcia@joyismygoal said...

What a nice Mom and fun day

KP said...

Sounds fun! And really nice, it is too cold here to stay outside.

Jay said...

Thank you! Our little folks had a great time and so did we!

utmommy said...

Looks like fun. Your weather looks fantastic. I wish we had the same weather here. We've got SO much snow.

Natalie said...

Looks like you have had a wonderful Christmas. I'm so glad.
I wish you a great and Happy New Year.
Love n' hugs.

zeebee said...

wow! I have missed alot! what wonderful traditions you have. we love and miss you so much.

Suzanne said...

Wow, it looks so nice and warm there! My kids went back to school yesterday and it was WONDERFUL! you're right, it was just time! :) Happy New Year!