Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Peace, Be Still

Again, it has been a tough day...I guess it is actually already tomorrow and that means it is THE day. Again, one foot in front of the other.

But, there is a quote that I love by Harold B. Lee and it states, "Just as a flood-lighted temple is more beautiful in a severe storm or in a heavy fog, so the gospel of Jesus Christ is more glorious in times of inward storm and of personal sorrow and tormenting conflict."

So true. And tonight I got to be at the temple with one of my best friends (one of my angels here on earth). I cried (a lot). But, I also felt peace (a lot). I remember feeling such flashes of inspiration while in the temple, but I don't remember them all. What I do have is an overwhelming feeling of peace. I am also fasting for extra strength to go through tomorrow. Again, another measure of peace.

All this just reminds me of the Savior on the boat with the severe storms (Mark 4:38-40): "and (the disciples) awake him , and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? How is it that ye have no faith?" If there was ever a storm in my life, it is today. Yet...how can I be fearful? I must have faith. I already see His hand and hear his voice, "Peace, be still."

I will be okay. :)

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Praying for you especially today.

May the Lord bless you and your sweet children.

Kathy said...

You are such an example to me & so many others, I hope you see how special you are~

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Praying too.

Amanda said...

Thanks for sharing that scripture today. It was an answer to my prayers to be reminded of that.

The Tall and Short of it said...

You are so strong.
Since I talk to you every couple of hours, I hesitated commenting, cuz i usually just tell you!!
But I wanted you to be able to see it and not hear it!!
LOVE YOU!