Wednesday, December 30, 2009

D Day: The good, the bad, and the ugly

D day: Dooms Day, AKA Divorce Day

In less than 24 hours, I will be a divorced woman. Tomorrow is the day that DH is going to court.

The good: This last year has not been fun. It is kind of cool that the divorce will be final on the last day of 2009, allowing a completely brand new life for 2010.

The bad: DH told me what day he was going to court...even though I didn't want to know.

The ugly: OK, maybe not ugly, but I am somewhat frustrated....he asked ME to babysit the kids while he goes to court. How does that work? Asking your wife to watch the kids so you can go to court to finalize the divorce? So, he will drop them off tomorrow and we will be married. He will pick them up a few hours later and we will be divorced. C-R-A-Z-Y!

I know everyone wonders how I am doing. I am okay. I swing from deep sorrow that this divorce that was not in my life plan will be final so soon to relief that it is finally over. I can move on. I can close the door to 2009 and begin anew in 2010. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Love you all! Happy New Year! :)

3 comments:

AngeeBee said...

I am thinking of you right now... unfortunately I believe it is a bit too late to call you and let you know verbally!

We love you all and you are in our prayers!

victoria said...

Woh, that is really bizarre - the whole married, here are the kids, okay now we're not married anymore thing. I'm so glad for you that it's done now - Nice that this year is fresh and clean and new.

shana said...

As always I admire your positive attitude!! You are amazing.