Tuesday, July 5, 2011

C4K 2011

This year is our third year in a row participating in College for Kids. I love this program. It is very reasonably priced and the kids spend 4 hours a day on a college campus taking classes. It gives them valuable life lessons, fun, and opportunities to learn things that they wouldn't normally have a chance to learn.

First, though, as I was going through the C4K pictures, I found a few of our last pack meeting that I wanted to post.

First, CK is our new CubMaster. He was thrown right into the fire because we had pack meeting soon after his call. He did a great job!!!

We did archery and only two boys could go out a time. So, we did water balloon catch. It was so fun and all got involved, from little ones to adults.
This is the picture that really captured my attention. Look at the arrow! You can see it flying through the air. Very cool.
I had the chance to attend a few classes with C on his last day of C4K. (K did not want me to attend hers.) The first class he had was chess. He loved it and even won first prize from his teacher. :)
His next class was computer animation. He LOVED this class so much. For his birthday, he wants an animating program. :)
His other classes were Tennis and Lego Robotics. K took weird science, Lego Robotics, creative photography, and acting. Her favorite was the photography class.

On the last day of class, the acting class performed. For some reason (probably because J was wiggling around on my lap), the ones with her in them are more blurry. :(


She did a great job. She loves being on stage. She is so much like her dad, but this is one of the few things that assures me she did get a few of my genes, too. :)

I am so glad that both K and C had the opportunity to attend this program. I am grateful it is over because I am ready to stop having a rigid schedule and driving them, but it is sooooooooooooo worth it.

No comments: