Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My littlest brother, A, gets married!

 A is my littlest brother.  He was born when I was 12 years old.  I left for college at the same time that he started Kindergarten.  Even with this gap, I have always felt a connection to him.  It is hard to believe that he is married.  I really like his wife and I look forward to getting to know her better.

With that said, they chose to be married in the Portland, OR temple on December 29th.  I lived in Portland for 4 years (I moved away exactly 10 years ago).  I loved living there and I loved this temple.  CK and I (even though we went to bed about 2 am) got up early and headed to the temple to do a session.  It is just an opportunity that we could not pass up (particularly as our goal is to visit all U.S. temples before we die).  Here is what the temple looked like as we drove up.  It is so beautiful both inside and outside.  I miss coming here.  Throughout our session, I felt the Spirit so strongly and I love being in the temple.  It is so cool to me how being in the temple, ANY temple, feels like coming home.
 After we did a session, we ate a quick breakfast in the cafeteria and headed to observe the wedding.  I am so grateful that we were there.  What a great moment!  I think it meant a lot to CK and I to be there and remember our own wedding just 5 months before.
 When we came out of the temple, it was raining and before the bride and groom were ready, it was absolutely pouring!  This is my dad and sister as we waited.  Both looked so great and ready for the day!
 My sister took these pictures of CK and I as we waited.  I love them.  I loved being there with CK.  I am also so grateful that I had to buy a new coat earlier in the month...I used that hood a LOT!  :)


 This picture is of my sister and I with two of our brothers.  My other brother, J, could not be there due to work obligations.
 My sister, S, and her amazing hubby, P.
 And...the temple as we drove away-through the rain.
 The reception.....
 Isn't my sister absolutely gorgeous?!?
 Here are my mom and dad (to the right) with A and A.
 I had to take a picture of my sweetheart!

 The couple's "First Dance."


 A and I danced together at my first wedding when he was only 7 (almost 8).  We thought we should recreate it this many years later.

 ...Until his wife cut in!  (I was happy to do it!)

 S and I decided that putting stuff on the outside of the car might not be a great idea in the rain.  So...we ran to the store, bought some balloons, had lots of help blowing them up and filled up the van with them.  :)  We intentionally bought their wedding colors.
 My family (minus brother J, of course).  From L to R: A, S, Dad, Mom, S, and me
 I am not sure exactly what I happened to catch in this picture, but my mom is sure being goofy!
 It is hard to see, but I love the look on A's face as she tries to keep the balloons from all coming out!
Finally, we all stayed and helped clean up.  At the very end, after everyone had gone and the clean up was almost done, I caught this moment.  :)  I love my sister and her husband.  They are so dear to me. 

What a wonderful day!  I loved it.  Loved it.  Loved it.  I am so grateful for Eternal Families and I am so grateful for the great people that the Lord sent to be my family, both when I was a child and now as a mother.  I am so blessed.

2 comments:

nikko said...

What a beautiful wedding! I'm so glad you got to go!

shana said...

I really can't believe your youngest brother is old enough to be married. How old does that make me? What a wonderful day. It was fun to "see" your family again. :)