Sunday, December 15, 2013

C's Band Concert

C's band concert was Thursday.  With so many things getting canceled and rescheduled due to the days of school missed, they didn't play in the high school auditorium as originally planned.  They played in the middle school gym. They all took it in stride and they played very well.  C is in honor band, the top band and he had to try out for it.  We listened to symphonic band before them.  They did well, but they were definitely a notch more skilled and the music was really good.  I was impressed that 7th and 8th graders sounded so well together. 
It was difficult to get pictures of him, but look closely and you can spot C right in front of the big tuba.
I am proud of him.  He plays sports and he does band and he has participated in whiz quiz.  He is also heavily involved in scouts and church and I am impressed with all he does with his life - especially that he does it so very well. 

Finally, I just tacked it on to this post....
I actually completed a project.  I am not a sewer, but I would like to be.  I had a dear friend have a sweet little baby girl and I wanted to make her something just for her, so I attempted something I had never done before....I pieced a simple baby quilt.  It is not fancy at all, but I am so glad that I completed it!  It has been done for a couple of weeks, but with the storms and all, I finally had the opportunity to take it to her on Thursday.  :)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Love the quilt! I've always wanted to make quilts. One day...

The Monkey Mama said...

I absolutely LOVE the blanket! Thank you so much for making it for my little one. I appreciate your friendship so much!