Thursday, March 27, 2014

Happy Birthday, A!

A's birthday was back in February. Due to her having two different houses, and the birth of baby C, we haven't been able to celebrate together. We sent her a little package to let her know that we were thinking of her, but the majority of her birthday we wanted to celebrate while she was here.

She began the day by waking up to streamers on her door, which is a tradition at our house. She also got to choose her meals. We ate French toast casserole for breakfast, chicken nugget wraps for lunch, and Hawaii Haystacks for dinner. Since we had just had cupcakes, we had birthday brownies instead.

She got to blow out the candles, eat her brownies, and open presents. The other kids had purchased/made presents for her over a month ago. They were so excited for her to open them. One thing the kids decided to do was to give her experiences instead of objects. The girls are all going on a progressive dinner with her, and the boys are going to take her to play miniature golf together. K spent some of her own money to buy her some special gifts. CK and I also got her some other gifts in addition to what the kids gave her.

I am so glad that A is part of our family! I feel like our family is complete when she is here. I love her just as much as I love any of the other children. I know that we have been so blessed to have our family blend so seamlessly. It is hard for me to describe just how lucky I feel! I do know that I am 100% sure that my feelings for A are just as deep as my feelings for any of the other five children! I'm not sure I would've known that was possible, until it happened to us.

Happy birthday, A! I love you!





No comments: