Friday, February 26, 2016

39!

Today, I am 39.  Crazy!  Time just flies by.  I don't feel any older than 25, but I am.  I have six children, the oldest is 16.  I am definitely not 25.

I seriously have such a wonderful life.  I love my family and I love the gospel of Jesus Christ.  My life is overflowing with blessings and I feel so loved and taken care of by those above.

This morning, K decorated three doorways (notice that I am old enough that it took THREE doorways!) in our home with streamers about me (I don't know how she even thought of 39!).  But, they will soon fall and I wanted to remember them...so these are what the streamers say:

  1. humble
  2. strong
  3. looks out for others
  4. nice
  5. good to talk to
  6. kind
  7. always learning
  8. accountable
  9. faithful
  10. empathetic
  11. beautiful
  12. silly
  13. fun
  14. considerate
  15. the life of the party 
  16. optimistic
  17. righteous
  18. good listener
  19. interesting
  20. resilient
  21. inspiring
  22. sweet
  23. supportive
  24. willing to sacrifice
  25. selfless
  26. smart
  27. hilarious
  28. caring
  29. great smile
  30. hard worker
  31. friendly
  32. thoughtful
  33. willing to serve
  34. creative
  35. courageous
  36. extraordinary
  37. outgoing
  38. open-minded
  39. helpful
I really don't know if I can claim all of these attributes, but they are definitely ones to strive for.  J was so excited this morning to let me know that I am now 13 + 13 + 13.  Lovely.  I am old.  But, it did get me thinking.  Where was I at 13, 26, and now at 39?

13...was my first birthday after moving to Colorado.  We lived in a nice rental home while we looked for a home to buy.  I loved having my family around me.  Even though the move was difficult, I was beginning to make friends and feeling slightly more comfortable.  

26...We had just recently moved to Texas (about a year before).  We still lived in an apartment, but we were looking at buying our first home.  K was 3, C was 1.  I was a busy mom of two littles (hmmm...second verse same as the first....hmmm).

39...No recent moving this time.  We have lived in this home nearly four years.  I have a great husband, six kids (16, 14, 12, 9, 3, and 2), and a very old dog.  I do have MS, but I am functioning quite well.  I have to be wary of heat especially and fatigue somewhat too.  Things I love but don't spend much (if any) time on include:  quilting, organizing, photography.  I also love being mom: playing with littles, supporting bigs, and laughing together with them all.  I do make time for this, although my heart aches with how fleeting it is.  For this reason, I know I need to return to blogging more often, so I have a record of my life.  It will not stay this way for long.

So, Happy Birthday to Me!  I guess this also means that my blog is 9+ years old.  :)

No comments: