Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow Day!


I stumbled out of bed this morning, went to wake up the kids, headed to the kitchen to make breakfast, turned on the news to check the weather and heard "There are many schools around the area closed today." I thought "Why are they closed?" and quickly ran to the window. What I saw reminded me of growing up in Colorado (although they never would have shut down the schools for two inches of snow!). It was a complete and pristine blanket of white with more snow falling. Beautiful!
It took a few minutes for the websites to establish that, indeed, our school district was closed, but once it was official...I have never seen my kids wake up so fast. Amazing how that works...they didn't want to get up when they thought they had to for school, but for a snow day..POP! They were wide awake.
We are now a few German pancakes and frozen fingers later and completely enjoying our SNOW DAY!!!

2 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

Woohoo snow days for fun for all of us!!!!

Lana said...

yeah for snow days!
Cute picture :) I love German Pancakes, I haven't made them in a long time.