Sunday, October 7, 2007

General Conference

I always love General Conference. I love hearing the words of the prophets. I love the wonderful feeling it is to have that burning desire to be a better person and to have the confidence to know that I can.

Some of my favorite/most inspiring moments from this conference are:
  • Spencer J. Condie: "And God remembered Rachel." And he will remember me and you and everyone. Is anything too hard for the Lord?
  • Elder Uchtdorf: "Have we not cause to rejoice?"
  • Keith Hilbig: We live far below our priviledges when it comes to the Holy Ghost.
  • Elder Eyring: "Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch me/my family throughout this day?" Ask it. Then record the answer.
  • Sister Julie B. Beck: Be a "Mother who knows!" Conserve limited strength to maximize influence where it matters most.
  • Elder Bednar: We need BOTH clean hands AND a pure heart.
  • Elder Scott: Righteous character is most important (more than what we own, our education, etc.). First faith then character then more faith than fortified character and so on.
  • Elder Zivic: "Choose to be someone out of the ordinary."
  • Elder Oaks: It is not enough that something is good. It must be better than good. Are we amusing ourselves to (spiritual) death?

I felt inspired and guided with each and every talk. These are just a few that stood out to me. Last week's Relief Society broadcast was also excellent and really inspiring. Who can doubt the truthfulness of the gospel, the reality of our Savior, Jesus Christ, or the fact that we have prophets on the earth when we have been so wonderfully taught? It is by their fruits ye shall know them and the fruits of the spirit are so plentiful at conference. How blessed I am. How blessed we are!

5 comments:

Heather said...

This was a great conference, and I loved the women's conference last week as well. Aren't we lucky to have such inspired direction!

Yvonne said...

I was so excited about Conference (and still am) that it's wonderful to read someone else's thoughts. Thanks for sharing (and thanks for visiting my blog). I think Elder Bednar has raised the bar again and really given me something to think about. Not enough just to have clean hands--WOW! I loved all the talks you mentioned. You are right-we are so blessed!

nikko said...

They were all so wonderful. I didn't take any notes, so I can't wait to get the Ensign to remember everything!

utmommy said...

We really are blessed! I love Conference.

Suzanne said...

It was such a wonderful Conference! Many of your highlights were my highlights too! You're right, we are so blessed! :)