Friday, February 1, 2008

And...they're here!

After many long days of driving. Sometimes through horrid weather. All with three kids (ages 3 and under), my sister and her hubby made it! :) Finally, they are here. They have to live in an apartment for a month while their house is finished, but they are here and in their "home." -sigh- What a relief! We got to have them over for dinner last night and it was so fun. The "girl cousins" took off to K's room to do....well, who knows what...girl stuff, I guess. C and S played football, basketball, and tackling, ya know, boy stuff. Little Dan joined the boys in running around and screaming. And....I got to hold my newest niece (2 months old) for the first time! It will be so fun for my kids to have cousins to grow up with. I am so grateful that they are here and that I don't have to worry about the long drives any more....although my parents are driving here on Saturday with their other car and some of their stuff....I guess I do have to worry for a couple more days. How exciting, too, to end up with an unexpected visit from my parents. It will be a crazy weekend, but extremely fun, too!

4 comments:

nikko said...

Aw, I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to get to know your sister. :o)

Jen said...

Good! I'm in their Magna ward. Tell them the Madsens say "HI" and we are glad they arrived safely. They escaped some awful snowstorms here!!

Cheri said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you. I'm sure there will be so many more great memories made now that she's so close to you!

utmommy said...

Glad they arrived safely. How fun for you to get to live by your sister!