Tuesday, February 26, 2008

3 cards + 3 visits + 5 emails + 6 phone calls=

Happy Birthday to ME!

Yep. It is that time of year again! Time just goes so fast. Today hasn't been all that great so far. I guess that it hasn't been horrid either. Ya know....normal stuff has to be done. I was hoping to get a few minutes to read or have "me" time, but LD is being VERY clingy and won't take a nap. UGH!

I did, however, get soup, salad, and breadsticks at Olive Garden courtesy of JK, one of my best friends. Amazing how filling those fatty little breadsticks can be. I am still not hungry. It was great to be out for a little bit with friends, too. I really am so blessed.

I realized that while today might not be anything too special....I am so blessed that every day is special. I know that I have a Savior that loves me, I have a wonderful family (DH and three kiddos), I live in a wonderful country, I have a beautiful home that protects me from this darn wind (but also from rain, cold, heat, etc.), we always have enough food to eat, I have the most amazing friends ever, my sister lives close to me now, my kids have a great school to go to, etc. See...I don't need to feel like a princess on one day of the year....I get to be one EVERY day! :)

9 comments:

Jan said...

I adore your attitude. Happy Birthday to you. Olive Garden huh. Can you believe that I have not gone to the one in Tricities yet. I know so behind. I love your blessed list. Just sweet and pure. You just seem so nice and happy. Just another day I guess but just one year older. Hope the little one gets to bed early for you.

Chellie said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Olive Garden... now that sounds good!!

I hope you have a wonderful day... You are truly blessed!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

HAPPIEST of birthday wishes my friend! Olive Garden? If that is all I got for my birthday, it would be complete. You're right - those breadsticks are so addictively good!

Maggie said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Lana said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear "Good Life", Happy Birthday to you!!

I love you! You are awesome :)

Cheri said...

Olive Garden- that's always a good day!
Happy Birthday!!

Our Family said...

Happy Birthday to you! My Birthday is Sunday. I get to go on a Girls Weekend with two of my dearest friends. Two nights of NO KIDS. I will miss my husband. But he's just grateful I "picked out" my own present. It's so nice when family and friends make the day so special. You don't look a day over 21.

The 7B's said...

Happy Bday! We've tried to call you a few times but haven't been successful. We will keep trying. You should feel special each and every day cause you are!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear r Happy Birthday to you!I hope it was so nice sorry about the sickees