- I was in charge of a funeral luncheon to feed 100 people. It took a LOT of phone time and coordinating, but I am just so touched with people's compassion. Today, as this steady stream of people kept arriving to drop food off at the church, my eyes teared as I noticed old, young, richer, poorer, those that knew the family, and those that had only been in the ward a short time all come with their hearts full of compassion and their arms full of food. What a tribute to the wonderful side of human nature!
- When I got home at 3:30 this afternoon, I had not had lunch. I mentioned this to the kids as they got home from school and the next thing I knew there was a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of water sitting on the table. C had decided that he would make me some lunch since I had been so busy with the funeral today. Isn't that touching?
- I love to listen to Dr. Laura and I got to just for a few minutes today, but she said something I found profound...this is a paraphrase since I was in the car and wasn't able to write down a direct quote...What matters is if there's love in your home at the end of the day, not perfection. Isn't that great? My home doesn't have to be perfectly organized and clean at the end of the day (like it is in the house of my dreams in my head), but I have been successful if my kids feel safe and loved and taught. This is the most important.
- Heavenly Father is always sending us promptings. My best friend, A, and I have been talking about this a lot. He is always sending promptings and we rarely know why, but we are always blessed if we follow them. :)
- I love BYU Radio. On Dish Network, it is channel 980 and it is the same here and at my parents'....so I assume it might be the same everywhere. It is on all day long. I just turn off my TV and route it through the surround sound. It has uplifting music all day. Then, at various hours it has conference talks, scripture reading, etc. No matter what I am doing, I can listen to a few minutes and it always inspires me to do better. Or, all of a sudden, I will hear a chapter from the bible. I think this is one of the main reasons that I have been able to listen to the those promptings from #4.
That's all. Now it is off to basketball practice, dinner, creating Valentine's and Valentine boxes, and preparing for C's class party tomorrow (I am the room mom).