Sunday, April 18, 2010

New Calling

Today I was sustained and set apart in a brand new calling: 1 st Counselor in the Primary Presidency. It has been 8 years since I have done anything in Primary and 9 since I have been in the Presidency. I am really starting fresh...knowing nothing about what I am doing!

It is time, though. It feels right. I am simultaneously overwhelmed and excited. I am grateful for the extra time to spend with my kids. It will be many hours, but I think I am at a point where I can put in those hours. I feel humbled that Heavenly Father is entrusting me with His little ones. I am excited to work with the other presidency members, whom I admire so much. It is with more than a little sadness that I leave the Relief Society secretary position, however. I love the sisters. I have now spent years in one capacity or another worried, praying, and loving the sisters with all my heart. While I will always love them, there is a difference. I won't be around as much. Neither am I any longer set apart to watchcare over them. I will also miss my dear sisters that I have worked with in the Relief Society Presidency. Change always brings growth , though, and I know I will be stretched a lot in this new calling.

Now, I have started a roaring fire in the fireplace and we are preparing to do our second week of "Popcorn Prophets." How blessed I am. :)

4 comments:

The Texas Bakers said...

Congrats on your new calling. You will be great! I had to laugh at your LD posts. He is a funny kid! and I love your idea for Popcorn Prophets!

Kathy said...

we love you and are so excited to work with you!

Lisette said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a good change for you!

shana said...

Congrats. New callings are always exciting and scary at the same time. I've got a new one coming my way too. Stay tuned. . . :)