Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Still Catching Up....Heading Home After the Wedding

The honeymoon was over, it was time to head home.  We picked up A first and spent the night with CK's sister, M.  We had a great time and I am so impressed with her family.

The next morning, we headed down from Idaho to Utah, where we picked up K, C, and J and then took A to meet her mom.  Here they all are, playing with their cousins one last time.

Then we began the drive to Colorado. It was beautiful.  Even thought I drive to Utah from Colorado every summer, I usually take a different route since it is closer to family.  It has been about 8 years since I drove this way.  WOW!  The beauty is amazing.  It just goes to show how much God loves us.


We stopped at a rest area right off the river.  It was so beautiful.




I love this action shot of J throwing the rock in the river.

Finally....I looked behind me and what did I see?  All three of the children doing something electronic to occupy their time.  Hmmm....trips for me as a kid?  Books.  Coloring Books.  Sightseeing.  That was it.  I have to admit, though, that as tired as they were by this point, I was grateful for the distractions.
The next day, we went with my parents and brother to Boulder, Colorado.  I grew up near here, but my kids have grown up without mountains and they were just in awe.

We stopped at NCAR, where they have a research center, but they also have interactive science exhibits.  It was fun.

There are also many trails right from NCAR through the mountains near Boulder.   We had a few minutes, so we hiked a little.  It was a hot day, so we didn't stay out long.

That same weekend, the kids played outside in my parents' backyard.  I didn't take a picture of it, but it is a LARGE yard, full of grass and trees.  The kids love to climb the trees and also find some dirt to play with the trucks in.  :)
CK and I had the opportunity to visit with A, my best friend, and her husband, CH.  I love them both.  We went bowling and out for pie.  It was a great evening and we laughed and laughed.  The boys ended up bowling extremely well-I think it was the competition factor kicking in.  :)

We also went to visit my dear friends, J and N.  They moved from here to a home that is minutes away from my parents'.  Awesome.  At least we get to visit.   Here...I am not sure what C is doing, but he looks like he is having fun!
Here are the four kiddos:  K, C, Q, and J.
Q loved C and he loved her.  I have a half dozen pictures of the two of them just smiling at each other.  Maybe she is the reason that C wants a baby sister.
Finally, we got home.  And....look what we found as we came in????  One of my dearest friends, J, had contacted our pet sitter and left us a welcome home present.  It seriously MADE MY DAY!  It was one of the nicest surprises EVER!  What a great welcome.
And...Finally...I am getting caught up.....there is still more to come, but at least I am up to August 8, 2011!!!!  Just two months behind.  LOL.

No comments: