Sunday, June 3, 2012

No More Elementary School

 C.  My little C.  He is so grown up.  I didn't have (handy at least) my picture from his first day of Kindergarten- but this first picture is him in the middle of his Kindergarten year.  The second is of my big 5th grader-almost 6th grader- on his last day of elementary school.  He has changed and grown so much.

I am so proud of him.  During this time, we faced many challenges in our family and his faith and determination have carried him through.  He is a willing helper.  He was also voted Best 5th grade best friend in his class, as well as Most Admirable.  His teacher said these two awards don't ever go to the same person.  I think these awards mean more to me than his A honor role throughout the entire year.  I am impressed that he has made that much of an impression on his classmates.

 Here he is with his teacher, Mr. S.  Mr. S was the best teacher that he has ever had (according to him).  I have associated with Mr. S a lot over the years as I spend a lot of time at the school and I have frequently subbed for 5th grade.  He is a good man and C was lucky to have him.
 Here is C with one of his best friends, G.  They have been together since Kindergarten when they were also in the same class.
 And...Here they come: Ready for the 5th Grade clap out.  What a great group of kids.  What a bittersweet moment to walk their last walk in the halls of their elementary school.

 Here are the younger kids waiting for them.






 And, across the hall, the principal and some of my other favorites at this school.  :)
I loved this sign.  Their mascot is the gators.  She waved it and waved it at the 5th graders.  I thought it was very appropriate.

This good-bye was like a good-bye for me, too.  I have spent the last 6 years volunteering, mentoring, and just being in the school.  I have spent hours and hours there.  Now, we are moving on.  We moved and now J will start going to a different elementary school.  I will miss our old school.  I love the principal.  I love the counselor.  I love the teachers.  I love it all.  We have been very blessed.  I will miss them terribly.

No comments: