Tuesday, November 12, 2013

11-12-13

What a special date!  If you know me, you know that I absolutely LOVE numbers.  What a blessing to have gotten to live through all these super fun dates that won't come again for a hundred years, like 1-1-1 and 1-2-3, and 7-8-9, etc.  Today is one of those cool numbers:  11-12-13!

This last weekend was a St. Louis weekend.  We had such a great time.  I love seeing A.  I have been reflecting recently on a comment made in passing by an acquaintance when CK and I had just begun dating...that it was good that CK only had one daughter...he could forget about her and marry me and have my kids and be good.  I am sure that the comment was made in innocence, but it shocked me then and really shocks me now.  My life is so much more complete to have her as one of my daughters.  I am so grateful that we get to see her at least once a month.  It is important to me and important to CK.  I love her.  We had a great few days of reconnection.  We didn't do anything extraordinary, we just loved being together and I will always cherish this. I think that is one of the reasons that I am sad that this will be the last time in a while that I get to fly and see her. 

December, she comes here for Christmas.
January, too close to due date to fly...CK will probably go alone
February, due date and newborn time....hopefully CK can still go, maybe he will take V with him and leave new baby with me.
March, we would love to have A come for Spring Break.  We will see if that works!
April, Maybe I will brave taking both babies on a trip....maybe not yet
May, We will probably get to her bring her here as school gets out before Memorial Day and that usually works out well
June, July, and August are summer months and we will bring her here as much as we can
September, we might be able to make this one work, but as soon as V turns two, we will be paying for three plane tickets.....not sure that that is in our budget.

So....it is only November and I might not fly for another 10 months.  Crazy.  I have gotten so used to flying and so has V, but this is the life that we have chosen and that we love!!!  We are so blessed!!!

And don't forget that it is 11-12-13....we are blessed there too!!!!  :)

No comments: