Friday, June 6, 2014

These are the Days

This song was our senior class song when I graduated from high school 20 years ago. I don't know who chose it, but it worked really well for a bunch of seniors graduating from high school and starting a new phase of life.

This morning, as I am pondering on all the things that we do as a family, and reviewing the different pictures I have taken recently, it hit me that this is true again.

Just in the last week, I have pictures of C playing baseball, I have pictures of J getting awards, I have pictures of K singing in her choir concert, pictures of baby C as he wakes up in the morning with a big smile on his face, I have pictures of V carrying balls around, I have pictures of A as she smiles big in a hotel room in Missouri. These are MY days to remember, because they truly won't last forever. I am so blessed

I looked up a portion of the lyrics of the song. Here's how it begins:

"These are the days

These are days you'll remember

Never before and never since, I promise
will the whole world be warm as this
and as you feel it, you'll know it's true
that you are blessed and lucky
it's true, that you are touched by something
that will grow and bloom in you

These are days you'll remember"
-by Natalie Merchant

No comments: