Tuesday, February 6, 2007

"Peace, Be Still" and other random thoughts


It has been almost two weeks since I last posted. I guess that time just keeps plotting on by. Nothing really new. Nothing really bad. Nothing really good.


I have actually been doing really well. I attribute this to a renewal in my morning and evening "devotionals." I have been really consistent in making my priorities my priorities. One of my favorite Hymns is Master, The Tempest is Raging and I love the "peace, be still" part. I attribute my peace lately to the Master. Little Dan and I have been reading a chapter in the Book of Mormon and praying each day after the rest of the household leaves. This has been working better for me, since it has gotten harder to wake up early due to being up so much in the night! Then at night, I have been reading at least one article from the Ensign and praying (on my knees and out loud!) again. I hate to admit it, but I am not always this consistent and I really can tell a difference!


It helps me:


  • to have patience with my kids and be more effective in spending time with them.

  • to be happy and positive with DH when he comes home.

  • to want to exercise every day

  • work really hard on building my food storage

  • etc.

One last random thought. It snowed again last week. I caught K's expression of wonderment as she walked home from the bus stop in it (she hasn't had much opportunity to walk around in snow). I love this picture!


3 comments:

Lana said...

i need to do better at that too, good for you!

Joyismygoal said...

You are so right it makes all the difference and I guess it takes someof those not doing it days to tell the difference :b K is so cute in the snow

nikko said...

You are a good example to me!