Thursday, December 20, 2007

Awake at 3 am

Why am I awake right now? Why did I go to bed at midnight, only to get up again at 12:30 and why am I still awake? I give you one answer: LD. He woke up extremely congested and was inconsolable. So...what did I finally do? Use my new friend, my DVR, and play him an episode of Plaza Sesamo, which he LOVES! Now he has been wide awake and playing for two and a half hours. I have been able to doze a little on the couch, but leaving him the only one awake in the house is a very scary proposition.

Speaking of LD, however, he got his first haircut yesterday! He definitely needed it..it was getting so long. Up until a couple of weeks ago, it was really curly on top and I didn't want to cut off the curl, but either he has now lost his baby curl or it just got too long to curl...it all of a sudden started looking like a mop on his head.

K started basketball practice yesterday. She has never played organized sports before. She hated it. She is by far the shortest and also the least experienced, although not that far behind a couple of the other girls. She also feels a lot of stress when she doesn't know exactly what is going to happen ahead of time. This practice with people she doesn't know, a coach she doesn't know, and drills that she's never done was quite overwhelming for her. Her coach was awesome, however. He was so patient with her and never rude. He also seems to love the game and teaching it. I think it will be a good year...but some difficult lessons for K. While she would like to be done already, I will not let her back out after just one practice. I expect a lot of tears coming up, though.

No comments: