Friday, December 14, 2007

This is the hand I've been dealt...

so I just have to live with it!
.
I have so many things I want to document and blog about that I am about ready to explode! So...a warning to anyone reading this...you might be in for the long haul.
.
First, I am a very health-conscious person. I love to exercise. I fix healthy whole-grain and vegetable filled meals. We don't eat a lot of desserts of sweets....UNTIL I GET STRESSED....then...Why does it all go away? Why is chocolate such a great comfort food? Okay...so I have problems.
.
Second, I have been working a TON in the clinic. It is a long...too long...story, but we have been going CRAZY. DH worked Tues and Wednesday all by himself (until our high school after school employee could make it in). Yesterday and today I worked all morning with him. And...in the midst of this I am trying to prepare for Christmas, plan the Holiday parties at school, my own stuff I do for the clinic, and now all of the billing that our employee was doing. It is insanity. I feel like I am being a horrible mother, I am not doing as much as I should with my calling (which has all by itself been insanely busy the last few weeks!), the house is a wreck, and there is still a ton more to do for billing at the clinic. UGH!

Third, here are some fun pictures I have been meaning to post (can you tell why I haven't had the time?)

I couldn't figure out how in the world we were quite so late in getting our tree up this year! I realized that it was mostly that we went to Houston for Thanksgiving and so didn't have the couple of days afterward to really decorate the house. Here is C helping put up the tree. What you can't see is that it was after 9:00 at night on a school night. I finally decided that with all the craziness that we just had to work on it and they really wanted to help. Both C and K were very helpful and even LD didn't really destroy anything so it was a pleasant experience! DH was still working, so I really needed their help and was pleasantly surprised at how much they could do this year. My babies are growing up!

Here is the promised toothless wonder picture! Isn't it a classic? If you know C, you know this captures his personality perfectly

"Yes, Mami, I am cute in my pajamas....but did you see my mischievous grin?"

Happiness amidst the chaos. K has been wanting a miniature tree to put in her room. I actually found one at the dollar store and figured she'd like it even if it is small and cheap, but with all the stressful events of this last week, I hadn't had time to give them to them. Last night, I once again rebelled against bedtime and gave them their trees. They were so excited. I wish I could've captured the excitement to share. Hmmm....very rewarding for $3 each!


C working very hard on his little tree. He is a perfectionist and he couldn't get it quite "right" last night. It is beautiful, but he was so frustrated we almost had to just throw it in the trash.


5 comments:

Heather said...

Those trees are adorable! Good luck getting all your tasks completed, unfortunately the Holidays come whether or not we have everything perfect... it's a flawed system.

Lana said...

sorry! That sounds crazy. I hope you find a great employee soon.

Lucy is sitting on my lap looking at this and she said "der E___. Why he got tree? I want one does" So funny.

lucky tv pauser!

nikko said...

Cute trees! You always have such good ideas. Sorry the clinic is so crazy. :o( Hopefully that will get better soon.

zeebee said...

I wish there was something I could do to help! But I am going crazy too, so I would probably not help the situation. I hope things get better soon and in the meantime, endulge endulge endulge!!! :)

Britni said...

I understand, there's always way too much to do and even when you think you're getting close, more piles on. I'm having to learn quickly what I can do without (one those things not being chocolate).