Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thanksgiving revisited




Life has been absolutely crazy lately. I think it will slow down some as I got the out-of-town gifts mailed out today. One more thing down and only 20 days until Christmas. I haven't done any decorating, but I think most everything else is done! Hip Hip Hooray!
Anyhow, we headed to Houston for Thanksgiving this year. We spent it with DH's cousins and aunts and uncles. It was an enjoyable time. I especially like establishing a sense of family for our children. The first two of these pictures was at the Thanksgiving parade that morning. It was actually COLD! The last one is at the Christmas Lights Lighting at night. K and C love DH's cousin, AK. She is 17 and is so good to them. They really look up to her and she is a great example for them.
I am so grateful for the wonderful life I have. I am excessively busy and my to-dos are never done, but honestly, I don't think I'd be happy any other way. I am so blessed. I have the gospel of Jesus Christ, my family, and enough of the essentials of life to be comfortable and happy. What more could I ask for? (Actually, I know...a stellar, experienced front-desk CA for the clinic! We are having more employee issues, but I have faith that it will all work out for the best...it just adds to the stress in the meantime).

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow, it sounds like you're so busy, but you have a good perspective with it all. Good luck getting everything done! :)

utmommy said...

'Tis the season to be merry and BUSY!

Kailee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
zeebee said...

I wish I could have been there! love to read your blog!