Wednesday, July 30, 2008

And....we're off!

We leave this morning for our family vacation! This is the biggest trip we've ever planned. I hope we all have great memories when we get home in just six days.

Crazy story, though: DH and I were up until 1:30-2 this morning. We were mostly tying up loose ends at the clinic, as well as finishing packing. I had my alarm set for 5:00. For some odd reason, I woke up at 4:15, thought I was late and immediately jumped in the shower. It took almost all of my shower before it dawned on me that I didn't have to get up until 5! Ugh. Now I have wet hair that I definitely don't want to have a "slept on" look!

Oh well. Wish us luck on the plane flight. Only LD will be a problem, I think. K and C are so excited and they can read and play the DS. Also, I have to vent about the crazy fees at the airlines: $15/ checked bag, $3/bag of snacks, $2/headphones. Granted, it has been three years since I last flew, but all those things were free last time! Ugh.

12 comments:

Cheri said...

Have a great trip- can't wait to hear all about it!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

have fun-- Snap more than enough pictures-- Say hi to my kidsas you fly by GW law and enjoy all the Smithsonian you can possibly seen

Heather said...

WHAT?? They are charing for snacks and headphones?? There needs to be an angry mob in the streets. :)

Kailee said...

Yay!!! Have so much fun, you will love, love, LOVE it there!!! D.C. is amazing. Have a great, awesome, and safe trip!

Karla said...

Hope every thing goes smoothly and you make lots of great memories!

The 7B's said...

Enjoy every minute! I heard the History museum is closed. A little too late for the info huh?

zeebee said...

Oh my goodness I have so many suggestions for you! I will have to catch you on your cell, have so much fun, I can't wait to hear all about it! We thought of you guys so much while we were there just last week!
Oh and p.s.
Jetblue=free unlimited snacks, no fee for 1st checked bag, t.v. at every seat and the most legroom in coach of any airline! They did stop giving away free headsets but that's just because they were too much waste in ourlandfills. sorry, had to throw that in! Love ya!

dieMutti said...

HAVE SO MUCH FUN! I think you'll have a blast! We'll see you when you get back!

Lana said...

have so much fun!!

Come swim when you get back, we miss you guys:)

Jess said...

Have a great time! We really loved the Jefferson Memorial. I wish we'd spent time at the Smithsonian. Post a picture of what the Pentagon looks like now for us since the last time we were there it was just a smoking crater on one side.

Anne said...

Have a great time! And YES, grrr the airlines and their new charges!!

Anonymous said...

I've never been there but I'm sure you will have an awesome time! Enjoy your trip!

-Tiffany :)