Saturday, July 12, 2008

Star Wars Party



It is all over...but the memories!

I think this was the best party I've ever put on. It really helped that I decided to make it an afternoon party. It allowed me to spend all morning on games, the cake, decorating, etc.. This allowed for a much calmer me. The timing also worked out well. We had games and cake and ice cream and presents and just finished up when the parents arrived. It was perfect. DH helped a lot and that added to how smoothly it all went.

We had eight guests and K and C and LD....total of 11 kids. It was a little chaotic, but so much fun!

We started by giving each kid a homemade lightsaber. Then, we sent them on six quests to earn their Jedi ranking. They had a Jedi Course card that they had to get passed off after each quest in order to become a Jedi. They had so much fun. The hit of the party was fighting Darth Vader (DH) for the last quest.

It just turned out so fun. They did four quests (three inside and one out) and then we took a break and went to "Dexter's Diner" for a Darth Malt (It was 102 today...I had to get some fluids in them before sending them out for the Jedi Training Course). They went out to do the Jedi course and had so much fun. They would've all done it multiple times, but it was so dang hot! Then, they were exhausted from the heat and we put on a short clip of Star Wars while they rested. We concluded with fighting Darth Vader, opening presents, eating the Mustafar cake, and receiving Jedi status.

It was the perfect party (and I'm so glad it's over!).

17 comments:

Sox said...

You're in charge of my kids' birthday parties when they get that old

Lana said...

can't wait to see them. E said he had a blast and that he beat Darth Vader!!

Cheri said...

What a blast. I love your quests you had them do.
I'm so impressed!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

What fun that's why your so skinny you have been sweating it all out in Jedi training

nikko said...

My boys had so much fun. They're still talking about it and loved looking at the pictures and telling me more about it.

What a great party!

Karla said...

Looks like and awesome party! The cake turned out really great too - and what a great Dad to battle everybody!

Anne said...

How fun that looks!! I bet they will remember that party for a very long time :) Great ideas- and awesome that dh got involved too...I can imagine they had so much fun defeating him!!

Suzanne said...

You are such a cool mom! What a wonderful party!!! Not everyone has talent or inclination to do such fun and creative activities for kids. I'm sure everyone had a blast! Happy Birthday to C! He is such a sweet little guy! :)

Alison said...

Great idea! It looks like everybody had a great time. That makes all the hard work worth it!!

Kailee said...

How fun! C and his friends must have had an amazing time. I love your cake--it looks sooooooo cool! And the homemade lightsabers were a great idea. I wish we could have been there to celebrate it with you!

utmommy said...

Looks and sounds like a wonderful party. S would've loved going to something like that!

Lisette said...

It looks like so much fun!

victoria said...

What a great party! Looks like the kids had a blast. Good job being a fun, creative mom.

The Tall and Short of it said...

Koko had a great time!!!!! NICE work R!!!!!!!!!

April said...

Wow you did an awesome job on this party!!!! My kids love Star Wars too.

The swords look like the pool noodles, but what did you use for the handles? I can just guess how much fun the kids had with those!!!!!!

One Crazy Mom said...

I'm in the midst of planning my soon-to-be 5 year olds Star Wars party. I have seen a lot of pool noodle lightsabers on the net, but none that look like yours. What did you use for the handle, if you don't mind my asking?
Amy

One Crazy Mom said...

sorry to be a pest, but a couple more questions. What did you use for the handle? And how did you attach the handle?
And the pipe insulation comes in different colors?
Thanks,
Amy
amy.taylor2@comcast.net